Bike to Work Day is Friday, May 18th!
Register your pledge to ride to work and receive a free commemorative Bike to Work Day embroidered patch. It’s free.
We very excited to announce our 2018 title sponsor, Henry Ford LiveWell. Henry Ford LiveWell is Henry Ford Health System’s wellness center of excellence and aims to optimize the well-being of Henry Ford employees, patients and community members.
Other event sponsors include the office of Detroit Council member Scott Benson, AECOM, American Cycle and Fitness, Detroit Future City, Downtown Detroit Partnership, Giffels-Webster, HNTB, OHM Advisors, MoGo, SEMCOG, Tour de Troit, Wayne State University, and Wheelhouse Detroit.
As in prior years, we’ll have morning commuter convoys that converge Downtown.
Since not everyone works downtown, there are two additional pit stops. All three gathering spots are open from 7am to 9am (except Midtown/WSU is open to 10am).
- Spirit Plaza on Woodward between Jefferson and Larned. Free bike parking is provided by Wheelhouse Detroit from 7am to 6pm. Mayor Mike Duggan will address participants between 8am and 8:30am. PLEASE ATTEND TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR BETTER BIKE COMMUTING OPTIONS IN DETROIT.
- Midtown/WSU Cass and Puntam. Hosted by Wayne State University.
- New Center Park at Second and W. Grand Boulevard hosted by Henry Ford Health System
There will be free snacks, coffee, vendors, local discounts and giveaways at these locations for those participating.
Don’t forget to register and if you can, try to be at Spirit Plaza next Friday morning when the Mayor speaks between 8am and 8:30am.
D Brief Podcast
We dropped by the D Brief studios last week and talked about all the recent Detroit bike- and trail-related activities. It’s all captured on a podcast and available online. Give a listen.
Other Meetings this Month
- There will be a public meeting on the West Riverfront Park on Monday, May 21, 6 to 8pm at the Roberto Clemente Recreation Center, 2621 Bagley, Detroit. There will be a project overview and a conversation with bothe the Community Advisory Team and the deisgn team.
- An I-94 Resident Roundtable community meeting for District 5 is scheduled for Tuesday, May 22 from 6 to 8 pm at Next Energy, 461 Burroughs Street, Detroit. The I-94 project is being changed to improve biking and walking compared with the initial plans. Come to meeting to get the latest updates.
- West Vernor Corridor Framework Community Meeting is Tuesday, May 22, 2018 from 6pm to 8pm at the Plaza Del Norte at the Mexicantown Latino Cultural Center, 2835 Bagley Avenue, Detroit. The City will be presenting on near-term projects for this neighborhood and wants to collect your feedback.
- Jos Campau Greenway community meeting and public input session is Wednesday, May 23 at the Coleman A. Young Municipal Center, 2751 Robert Brady Drive, Detroit from 5:30 to 7pm. The City will be investing in improvements to the existing recreation path, including new play equipment, landscaping, and security measures. They are interested to hear what features will improve the path for your household. They will also discuss on street improvements to Jos Campau south of E Jefferson to the RiverWalk.